The holiday season is upon us, and we know that it can be an especially stressful time for LGBTQIA folks: maybe being around your family is tough, maybe not being able to be with your family is tough, maybe you’re getting ready to come out at Thanksgiving dinner (raise your hand if you ALSO did this), maybe you’re the parent of a kid who came out at Thanksgiving dinner and you have one million questions and you’re trapped inside by the early winter.
Whatever your situation, we’re here to help.
Below is a compilation of all of our Holiday-related advice as you gear up for the coming months. Of course, you can always ask us your specific questions here or @MyKidsGay on Twitter!
• Safety Planning for the Holidays by Allyee Whaley and The Trevor Project
• 10 Things Not to Say When Your LGBTQ Child Comes Home from College for Winter Break by Cornelia Prior
• Coming Out Around the Holidays by Kristin & Dannielle
• Gender and Holiday Clothes Shopping by Dannielle Owens-Reid
• Navigating Holiday Sleeping Arrangements by Bianca Palmisano
• For the Gender Non-Conforming Child on Your Holiday Gift List by Julie Tarney